Thursday, May 3, 2012

May....

Can you believe that it is May and there are only 14 days of school left?!? The kiddos are very excited about "graduating" from kindergarten and becoming first graders. Everyone is excited about summer, but I am really really going to miss these kiddos. This group is my first class ever and I am sure that I will remember them forever. Sometimes I start thinking about watching them go through elementary school and then going to see them graduate high-school and I practically start sobbing. So, let me tell you, this year has been amazing and your kiddos are all truly special. Thank you for letting me be their teacher. Sheesh.

This week we will be having the Kennedy Carnival. Please come to the school on Friday, May 5th for an evening of fun and games. Bring some cash with you, so that you can purchase some tickets to play and eat. $1.00 will get you 5 tickets.

In class we are wrapping up our insect unit. Next week the kiddos will be switching rooms to work on various science ideas; magnets, water, health. In reading we are working on retelling by stating the problem, solution, characters, and other important parts of a story. I am also assessing the kiddos on their heart words, ability to blend and segment words, and their writing.

Thanks,
    Lauren