Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer, summer, summertime

Oh glorious summer! Hot days, hot nights, fireflies, fireworks, pools, and Popsicles. I hope that all my friends from this past 2012-2013 are having a wonderful time and all my friends from the year before. Here at the house we are packing away our goodies for our big move next week. We are so very fortunate to be able to move into a beautiful home with enough space for our family. We are also working on colors, counting, and reading many books with Olive. I think that we should all have relaxing time, but in my mind reading is relaxing!


The next school year is approaching and I have spent some time getting ready. The biggest change is my classroom (pictures to come.) I have got rid of the puppet theater and a large cubbie desk. These two things took up a lot of space! I also moved my computer to the front of the classroom, so that myself and the kiddos have better access to it. This helps tremendously with the SMARTboard, because the board runs through the computer. I would often times have to make a trip all the way to the back of the room to right a wrong! This means that my reading table also moved to the front. I am so excited to have more spaces for the kiddos to work in small groups! We are going to do many group projects this year!

I'm looking forward to meeting all of my new little's...but not too soon :)